As cloud adoption rates soar, more companies are seeking out qualified Azure developers and administrators to maximize their investment. To help companies and candidates meet this demand, Microsoft developed role-based Azure certifications designed to prepare developers, administrators and solutions architects for real-world tasks. These certifications include:
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Here’s what you need to know about these latest Microsoft Azure role-based certifications and how they can prepare you for the field.
Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate
As an Azure administrator, you’re expected to possess in-depth, well-rounded knowledge of various IT services across the lifecycle. Earning the Azure Administrator Associate certification proves your ability to manage, monitor and maintain Azure cloud solutions.
The certification exam tests your skills in managing subscriptions and resources, deploying virtual machines, managing identities and storage and more. To pass the exam, you’ll also need to know how to perform server migrations and implement application services.
This certification is ideal for cloud administrators who are familiar with the Azure infrastructure and would like to develop their skills using Azure Portal, PowerShell and the Command Line Interface.
- Prerequisites: Foundational IT skills and experience with Azure
- Exams and recommended trainings: The Azure Administrator Associate certification path is comprised of two certification exams:
- AZ-100: Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Exam
- AZ-101: Microsoft Azure Integration and Security Exam
Once you pass both AZ-100 and AZ-101 you will earn the Azure Administrator Associate certification.
Exam: AZ-100 - Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Exam
Training: AZ-100: Azure Infrastructure and Deployment Track
Exam: AZ-101 - Microsoft Azure Integration and Security Exam
Training: AZ-101: Azure Integration and Security Track
Microsoft Certified Azure Developer Associate
Azure developers need advanced programming skills to excel in their roles. Azure Developer Associate training prepares you to create, update and secure cloud solutions.
To pass the certification exam, you’ll need to know how to:
- Select, create and secure appropriate cloud technology solutions
- Develop for cloud storage and cloud models
- Implement cloud integration solutions, cognitive services, bot and IoT solutions
- Prerequisites: Foundational IT skills, programming skills and experience with Azure
- Exams and recommended trainings: The Azure Developer Associate certification path is comprised of two certification exams:
- AZ-200: Microsoft Azure Developer Core Solutions Exam
- AZ-201: Microsoft Azure Developer Advanced Solutions Exam
Once you pass both AZ-200 and AZ-201 you will earn the Azure Developer Associate certification.
Exam: AZ-200 - Microsoft Azure Developer Core Solutions Exam
Training: AZ-200: Azure Developer Core Solutions Track
Exam: AZ-201 - Microsoft Azure Developer Advanced Solutions Exam
Training: AZ-201: Azure Developer Advanced Solutions Track
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
This expert-level certification demonstrates your ability to create and design solutions that run on Azure.
To become an Azure Solutions Architect Expert, you’ll need to showcase your skills in the following areas:
- Designing and deploying applications and infrastructures
- Managing workloads and security
- Architecting data platforms, continuity plans and infrastructure strategies
The solutions expert certification is the perfect next step for cloud solutions architects who have experience with operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, billing and networking.
- Prerequisites: Foundational IT skills and experience with Azure
- Exams and recommended trainings: The Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification path is comprised of two certification exams:
- AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam
- AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Once you pass both AZ-300 and AZ-301 you will earn the Azure Solutions Architect Expert certification.
Exam: AZ-300 - Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies Exam
Training: AZ-300: Azure Architect Technologies Track
Exam: AZ-301 - Microsoft Azure Architect Design Exam
Training: AZ-301: Azure Solutions Architect - Design Track
Retiring Azure Exams & Certifications
The current Azure certification that have been providing the Azure focused core to the MCSA: Cloud Platform and MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure certification paths are going to be retired December 31, 2018. However, the MCSA and MCSE certifications are not being retired, but rather transformed instead.
The following Azure related certification exams are going to be retired December 31, 2018.
- 70-532: Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
If you are studying for these exams, then you’ll want to switch gears toward the new exams, or pass them by the end of the year.
As a result of retiring the above Azure focused certification exams, the existing MCSA and MCSE certifications based on them are also being retired. As a result, the following larger Azure focused certifications are being retired on December 31, 2018 as well.
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- MCSA: Linux on Azure
- MCSA: Cloud Platform
All those professionals, who previously passed Exam 70-532, 70-533, or 70-535 should take the appropriate transition exam instead.
The transition exams are as follows:
- Exam AZ-102: Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-533. Exam AZ-102 retires 30th June 2019
- Exam AZ-202: Microsoft Azure Developer Certification Transition. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-532. Exam AZ-202 retires 30th June 2019
- Exam AZ-302: Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification. The exam is for those who’ve previously passed Exam 70-535. Exam AZ-302 retires 30th June 2019
Benefits of Earning the Newest Azure Certifications
Microsoft’s role-based Azure certifications were created to better address the job demands of today’s IT and cloud workforce. By earning one or more of these role-based certifications, you’ll attain valuable skills and knowledge that directly benefit your career.
Role-based certifications boost your credibility as a job candidate or working professional. Azure is also the second most popular cloud computing platform, so these skill sets are in high demand.
If you’re looking to move up the corporate ladder within the IT and cloud services field, embarking on an Azure certification path may be right for you.
Whether you want to pursue a certification or enhance your résumé, comprehensive Azure trainings from New Horizons Praha will give you the skills to become an Azure role-based certified expert. New Horizons offers Azure training for everyone, from novice IT professionals to experienced Azure developers.
Get started today with New Horizons’ Azure Role-Based training courses.
(adapted from the source: www.newhorizons.com)
Ready to accelerate your career with the latest Azure certifications? New Horizons offers comprehensive Azure training courses that will prepare for certification exams. Get started today.